Access and proximity to markets
The Qualified Industrial Zone (QIZ) agreement allows duty-free and quota-free entry of products made in the designated areas to the United States and the Jordan-US Free Trade Agreement allows duty free entry of Jordanian products to US market.
Access to EU, Arab and Singapore market is provided through Free Trade Agreements signed with Jordan.
Benefits of the Qualified Industrial Zones (QIZs) and Free Trade Agreement (FTA) with a low cost regional manufacturing/sales hub
Lead time from Jordan to Europe is around 18 days, to the Far East is approximately 23 days, and to the US about 28 days.
Cost Competitive Location for manufacturing and exporting
A centre of excellence for clinical trials: drug trials cost 50% less than in Europe or US at an average of USD $20,000 to USD $30,000 (OCO Global/Watson Wyatt 2006)
Salaries in the sector are 50% lower than GCC and less than one quarter of Ireland & Singapore(OCO Global/Watson Wyatt 2006the U.S. Last year, Jordan exported over $1 billion of finished garments to the U.S.
Large, skilled labor pool
Available Business Infrastructure
- QIZ’s and numerous industrial estates provide access to services, manufacturing infrastructure.
- Availability of testing services for raw material and finished products.
- Infrastructure and machinery maintenance are available.
- Exports land and sea shipping lines are available
- Numerous banks provide services such as loans, credit facilities, production and export finance
- All types of insurance are available (property, products, personal, and health insurance)
- Availability of advertising agents. Export marketing services are available too.
Jordan Garments, Accessories and Textile Exporters’ Association with the support of Jordan-USE Business Partnership (JUSBP)
1.3 billion USD (around 20% annual growth in the past 5 years)
American Jordanian Company for Apparel (Jordache), Casual Wear Apparel LLC, Central Clothing Company, EAM Maliban Textiles, El Zay Ready Wear Manufacturing Co., Golden Fingers Co. Ltd., and Prime Five Garment Manufacturing Co. Ltd. and many others.
GAP, J.C. Penny, Levis, Liz Claiborne, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Wal-Mart, K-mart, Limited, Sears, Colombia, New York Laundry and Victoria’s Secret.